Saturday, August 13, 2005

The Trippers Return

Hi All! I'm home! Finally! That last flight was hell. Not a bad flight in and of itself actually, but I wanted it to end after only 2 hours in as I was just sick of sitting and waiting to get here. I did buy a new book just before the flight though, so it wasn't sooo bad... and yes, Jasper Fforde's other series rocks too... go Jack Spratt! :-) We arrived in Calgary 35 minutes early, but YVR wasn't ready for us, so we had to sit there for about another 45 minutes... annoying! Anyway, we arrived in Vancouver ahead of schedule (yay!) and had no trouble getting through customs and getting our luggage. That was a relief. I kinda shopped my way around Europe, so I wasn't sure that would happen;-)
So far I've managed to have a relatively normal sleep schedule... well, normal for regular people. Today I woke up at 4am, then went back to sleep about 5 so I could sleep in... until 10. I was not impressed. Apparently my skill for record naps has disappeared. Oh well. I was really productive yesterday though. I got up at 6am and did 6 loads of laundry. No, it wasn't all from my suitcase, but I had other stuff in my room that needed divested of the dust from the floor finishing. Glad I missed that actually.
The night I arrived, we had a family dinner here and I managed to stay up until 10:30 or so. Not counting my half-hour nap on the plane, that was 24 1/2 hours awake since my 6am UK time alarm. So I guess I'm not doing too badly really. That night, I also downloaded all my pictures onto my computer. All 1500+ of them. Needless to say I have some organising to do. I don't even really have any to delete as I erased the crappy pictures as soon as I had taken them, but I have lots that will make no sense until I label them. Unfortunately, my computer hasn't been working right since I got home. I still can't download or send email from my normal programme (still doing webmail is annoying), but I have fixed some bits. I'm not in exactly the best thinking mode though, so I'm sure it's taking me longer than normal. It would be nice to think clearer soon as I still need to get organised for school this year, but I'm still unpacking so that will have to wait anyhow.