Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Leaving Ireland :-(

Well, our plane leaves for Gatwick in 6 hours. I'm just killing time waiting for Steph and Laura to get back to the hostel. We've left our stuff in the luggage room, and it's only open on the hour, so we're going to retrieve it at 2pm... 10 minutes to be precise. We're going to taxi to the airport as we have too many bags to really take the bus comfortably. We'll have lots of time at the airport, but we'd really rather be early than late. We packed last night so we could avoid it today, ate breakfast, then went to take the guided tour of Dublin Castle. It was neat, but I think the best part was the view of the garden from the castle. Celtic knots in grass:-) Then we split up as Laura wanted to go look at a skirt she'd been eyeing, and I wanted to go see Oscar Wilde's statue. It took me a while to find as I first went to St. Stephen's Green (only Joyce and Yeats are there, and I could really care less if I saw their statues). Wilde is up in Merrion Square, across from his childhood home. He is the only coloured statue in Dublin. All the rest are just bronze. My time's running out. See you all soon.