Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Tour number 2

Hiya,
We left London a few days ago and are on our Haggis tour of Cornwall. Tonight we're in Bath.
Our last couple of days in London were fairly productive. We went/saw Harrod's, Hard Rock Cafe (closed due to fire), London Eye, Big Ben, St. Paul's, Camden Market, and other things. I also spent and afternoon (and too much money) at the Globe. Great!

The new tour is great. It's a lot like a fast forward family road trip. Drive for an hour, see a site. Drive another hour; different site. We've seen tons for just a few days. Today we left Newquay and went to Tintagel to see the ruins. Our tour guide Cai and some of our tourmates reenacted King Arthur's legend on top of a cliff. It was great!!! We couldn't stop laughing and it made for some great pictures. Then we went to a Cider factory and drove up and down Cheddar Gorge. We arrived about 7 in Bath and went for dinner. We have tomorrow morning to look around town, so I'm planning to go to the Jane Austen Centre:-) I'm sure I'll get great stuff for teaching Pride and Prejudice next year;-)

Off to Dublin tomorrow night too, so I'll post from there... I think:-) TTFN