Thursday, November 11, 2004

Slow progress, but at least I'm still writing

Well, it was Parent/Teacher interview night today, so I was working until 7pm and even though I often work until then, talking for that length of time really wears me out. I came home and did try to write, but had to stop (good TV break) and then just couldn't get motivated to start again. I bet I'm not alone in this either. According to my report card I'm now 7% finished and need to type 2332 words per remaining day to hit 50,000 by Nov. 30. I don't really think that'll happen -- report cards are due before then you know which always screws up my 'real life' schedule. I should, however, finish March 29, 2005. Yippee! Anyway, here's today's efforts.

The next morning was Saturday. Ah, blissful Saturday. No alarm clock. No rush hour traffic. No mail. No work. No, even better: no need to even think about work until Monday... when I would have to find a new job. Great. What fun! All I would need to do is find someone willing to hire a 30-year old woman with too many degrees to be useful and a propensity for falling for the boss. Face it, Siobhan, falling for the boss is one thing, but acting on it is quite another. Ugh. Why do I always do this? Why do I always fall for guys I work for? Why not a guy I just work with once in a while? Or a guy I don't work with at all?

No point worrying about things while you can't do anything to fix them. So I determined to enjoy myself.